Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's mutterings....

Happy New Year to all…Here’s hoping 2008 will be better for everyone than 2007 – even if your 2007 was good, maybe 2008 will be GREAT!

Not too much to say at this point. Just a few mutterings….

~~~~
Pup is now a year old. We’re gonna do a birthday party for him to try and blow his little mind…. He met my parents over the holidays, and fun was had by all. He’s really turning out to be a very good dog, with such an amiable personality!!

~~~~
Plans for this year include a trip to England sometime this Septemberish – for hubby’s 40th b-day. It should be a great time. I have kin in and around London who I haven’t seen in a LONG time. Also gonna do a bit of ancestor snooping in Leeds – my father’s mother was born there.

~~~~
I was talking with a new friend last night (we shall call her Missy)– she, too, is having a bad time with her job….only, her boss is being intentionally bad: spreading rumors about Missy and her family, inciting jealousy and back stabbing by telling another employee that Missy has been saying mean things about them, calling Missy out on the carpet for not participating in non-work things, and then getting all upset that Missy isn’t going to spend time hanging out at work in the evenings (because Missy has a LIFE!). Missy said she’s a very up-front gal – says what’s on her mind...often making her boss a bit more agressive...so I suggested she think this phrase through each time she runs into a situation that upsets her and she wants to spout off…

“Would it [a reaction or statement] be good for ME, or would it be good for the situation? Because if it’s good for the situation, THEN it will be good for me.”

She seemed to like the suggestion.

~~~~
I start yoga this coming Saturday. I’m trying this out for a few reasons…
1. I did yoga way back in 1996 and really enjoyed it.
2. I really need to try and limber myself up – before I contract into a pretzel!
3. I need to learn to be “quiet” again – to center myself, calm myself.

I feel all of this will help me deal with my work stress much better – AND help me get my diabetes under control again. I’ve heard that stress can really mess with your sugar levels, and adding to that my rather depressed state of late, my sugars suck. I was told back in November that if I didn’t bring them down by the end of January that I’d have to go on medication...and I REALLY REALLY don’t want to take meds if I can help it. So I’ve been trying to eat better again, while also trying to de-stress and alleviate my depression a bit, and feel that I can do much better with the help of the yoga. I’ll keep you informed.

~~~~
I still need to win the lottery...

2 comments:

Not Your Frog said...

Diabetes? Crap. I didn't know. Had I known, I wouldn't have given you that mountain of candy for Christmas. Oh well, hope I didn't kill you. ;)

wordwitch said...

Yeah, well - I didn't want to make you feel bad. Besides, the candy made New Years all the more joyful at the party we went to! So no harm done. Yer Mom thought you knew...