Friday, May 18, 2007

Stuck in place

It’s Friday. On Monday my hubby and I are going to NY City for a couple of nights. My niece’s choir is singing at Carnegie Hall, so with that as an “excuse” we’re gonna take a mini-vacation. Hubby is planning his record and CD shopping, and I’m plotting out the book and bead stores.

But the house still needs work. The fellows who came by last Friday to look at our stair steps that need fixing still haven’t called back. I’ve called them 2x, and today hubby is trying them. We were really hoping this contractor would work out, because they handle a LOT of household repairs, and we need someone reliable to help us along for a bit. That threshold is protected now, with a duct-taped tarp, but it really needs to be fixed before we can have the bathroom below it redone.

I’m thinking the hubby and I need to take a household repair class (or two!) – to try and become a bit more independent….!

Tomorrow we have the fence guys coming to finally take down the chain-link fence. But again….I called the tree people (there’s 3 trunks involved with the chain-link fence) to try and schedule them to come by and take the 3 remaining stumps down as low as they can…..and THEY still haven’t called me back. YEESH! We can’t have the new fence put up until those stumps are taken down…..

And then, to beat a dead horse, there’s my job. I’ve got about 5-6 resumes out (I know, that isn’t a lot, but these are places I’d LIKE to work at) and no-one is calling me. Makes me feel like Patty Plague.

There’s a quote on my cubicle wall:

The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving. – by Oliver Wendell Holmes.

I feel rather stuck in place at the moment.

No comments: