Tuesday, August 25, 2009

. . . Week # 11 . . .

One week shy of 3 months of unemployment...

This week finds me back home. Dad is MUCH better, though still in the hospital. We expect him home in mid- to late-September. Also, I finished up my acting class last night. Even though I had missed 2 classes, I really wanted to participate and get the chance to be critiqued by someone IN the industry. It was a lot of fun! Now I'm trying to get some headshots scheduled so I can actually audition for roles...who knows? I figure even if I only get 1 or 2 roles over the next few months or year, it'd be an experience I haven't had before. Also, I'm STILL trying to get my voice over demo done, because I think I'd be really really good at that.

But. I'm also still trying to get a "real" job in my career field...and still no interviews. Very discouraging. There was a job I would have been super great at - but unfortunately it's only for internal candidates. I did still contact the hiring manager with my resume - just in case they turn to an external candidate....it'd be a GREAT job.

So....I continue to hunt the job boards each day, doing follow-ups and sending out new resumes whenever I can. Wish me luck, ok?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Best of luck in your job search! If you keep believing in yourself, someone else will eventually believe in you as well.

Paula said...

I am unemployed for 12 months now. I am highly educated, have plenty of experience, the best of references and I am unemployed.I know it gets harder by the day. Can relate very much so! Keep you in my thoughts. Hugs across the pond