Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Eighteen Weeks.....and still counting.

In theory I've got a job. I've had the interview, I've had the verbal offer, and I've gotten the offer letter (signed and sent back). But. Now they have to do a background check and a ton of other paperwork....which could take anywhere from 30 to 45 days.

sigh.

So. Even though I've got the offer, I'm still sending out resumes - in hopes to find something sooner that might be a juicier find. I know, I should be thankful for the offer I do have - and I AM. But I'd much rather start work next Monday, not sometime in December. It's not only better for me financially, I'll have a lot less time to think about whether or not this job is the "right" one for me....yeah, I think WAY too much sometimes.

Otherwise. I miss my Dad. I'm glad to be back home with hubby and puppy, but I miss hanging out with Mom too. And now it's getting cold out, which means winter is coming. Mom is coming for Christmas, so no desert visit for me this year. I just wish we had the money to fix the guest room door. Maybe we'll have her stay in our room and we'll take the guest room......Hey, maybe next year I can get Mom to go to the desert WITH us....hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Congrats on getting a job. I'm sure you'll be working before you know it!

Steve Reed said...

At least you know the offer is out there. Meanwhile, there's nothing wrong with continuing to look!