Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The days come and go....


As do birthdays. Another one has past, and it went very quietly. Got a pedicure, then went to the book store. Treated myself to lunch at Panera, then went to the bead store. Hubby and I went out to dinner that night. That's all.

Now it's the day after, and the damn roller coaster has taken a dive with me. The "life isn't panning out the way I hoped" feeling is surging along, taking me down the rapids without a raft. We had our incoming lead water pipes replaced with copper today - what a fiasco. Flooded basement anyone? Thankfully we had taken Gomez to daycare, otherwise he'd have been so very stressed. But now we'll be faced with the repair bill - a complete unknown - and with our need to re-do the back yard, as well as our London trip (and even though we're staying with a super wonderful person the trip is NOT going to be cheap) I worry about the money. With these expenses facing us, it just makes me think of all the things we need to do to the house and won't be able to afford.

Hubby and I have talked about NOT buying another house after we move out of this one - it'd be easier to let the landlord take care of the repairs, ya know?

I think I just need to get away for a while - but again, it can't happen because of $$$$....so I guess I'll just keep on keepin' on. I'll figure it out...I always have.

But I think I'll start planning a major bash for myself on my 50th birthday in a few years. I feel birthdays should be celebrated - after all, the only reason you DON'T have a birthday is because you've died...and I'm not dead yet.

2 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

all in all your birthday day sounds like it was quite fine.... then f**k the day after happened!

big hugs....

we once owned a house... then got caught in a horrendous downturn and for the last 10 years have not been able to recover for that experience and have had to deal with 'landlords' - yeah, one doesn't have the responsibilities of home ownership but one has the lack of status that home ownership affords and one is also at the mercy of a landlord (and other parties outside of one's control)....

truth be told, it all sucks.

getting away is always good.

definitely plan something special for 50!! I didn't plan anything when I turned 50 but I did use turning 50 to justify some really nice trips.... and fortunately I did have some buds who did plan a lovely surprise party which I am still in awe of 3 years later!!

the mouse is celebrating birthdays during the month of july!!! had I known it was yours I would have baked you the proverbial cake!! happy belated birthday!! bises!!!

Gary said...

Happy Birthday!

I agree with you...celebrate while you can. The rest of the BS will fade into the background soon enough.